Welcome to The Poncan Theatre
The Poncan Theatre has entertained and enthralled audiences for over 80 years.
1 Nite Fundraiser:
1 Nite Poncan Theatre Fund Raiser, presented by talented performers from Ponca City
December 27 - Showtime is 7:30PM
Many talented performers from Ponca City are home for the holidays and will share their talents at the Poncan. It will be a "festive musical variety show" featuring performers that have gone on to have careers in "the biz" after getting their start in Ponca City.
The Poncan Theatre presents: Prairie Fire
January 9 - Showtime is 7:30PM
“Prairie Fire” is a six-member band that specializes in traditional Bluegrass music, reflecting the historical heritage of both North American and Irish cultures.
The objective of Prairie Fire is, first and
foremost, to glorify God and to offer praise to their Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ through music, and secondly, to serve and
encourage their community through the playing of hymns and
bluegrass, as they continue in the evolving traditions of
American folk music.
"The Kid" :
The Poncan Theatre presents: "The Kid" - A modern day remake of an American classic.
January 3 - Showtime is 7:30PM
A distraught mother abandons her baby boy. An unsuspecting tramp finds the child and cares for him. Five years later, CPS comes to take the boy, and our hero fights to save the orphan from the public system.
A father's love drives him to protect the kid.
The Poncan Theatre....We Make Memories.
The Poncan Theatre has entertained and enthralled audiences for over eighty years. She was designed by the preeminent theatre designers, the Boller Brothers and is an excellent example of their Spanish Colonial Revival style. The Poncan Theatre has been restored to represent her original 1927 look, but modernized for today’s use. She has played host to sellout musical reviews, standing room only shows as well as events sponsored by the Ponca City Arts and Humanities Council and the Ponca City Concert Series. The Poncan Theatre is the proud host to her signature events, the Evans Children’s Performing Arts Academy, and the Poncan Theatrical Season.
The Poncan Theater Presents:
The Third Annual "1 Nite"
Holiday Extravaganza Fund Raiser
December 27 - Show @ 7:30pm
“1 Nite is a Holiday Extravaganza musical
variety show benefitting the Poncan Theatre,” said Suzanne Kem. “This
year we are also donating 25 percent of the proceeds to The LAM
Foundation in Cincinnati, Ohio.”
The foundation is working to cure the rare lung disease Lymphangioleiomyomatosis.
Approximately 3,000 people worldwide are diagnosed.
In conjunction with the event, Zino’s is also donating 10 percent of sales on Dec. 27 to The Poncan and 25 percent to The LAM Foundation.
The show features professional artists with some local talent who are combining to bring an evening of singing, dancing and comedy.
“The Poncan Theatre guarantees a wonderful upbeat show for the whole family,” said Kem. “All entertainers, backstage help are working at no charge to bring 100 percent profit,” she said.
Acts currently booked are:
- Christy Tate of Mustang and her daughter Courtney Queen. Tate is a former beauty queen and talent winner, and is now a television personality and actress with several film credits. Queen also holds beauty and talent titles.
- Prairie Fire, a local bluegrass band, is scheduled to perform. Band members are Josiah Colle, Luke Ballinger, Hannah Ballinger, Amy Ballinger, Ashley Balliner and Abby Ballinger. The band plans to give the audience a preview of their Jan. 9 show scheduled at the Poncan.
- Ponca City natives Sean Love and his sister Shannon will perform a duet.
- Spirit of the Lord, an award winning ballet and hip hop group from Inciardi Dance will present their platinum level number. The ensemble includes: Ali Jeffries, Noel Lawver, Erikah Parcher, Cara Kem, AdaLynn Hobbs, Kaleigh Brock, Annalaura Vogt, Braley Warnecke, Abby Ramirez, Chloe Lawver, Jillian Boynton, Mason Smykil, and Ballet soloist Morgan Schnack.
- Joel Faulk, professional trick roper from Circus Shows in Florida will perform.
- Daisy and Ian Cummings, dance and music theatre majors at the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Ryan Brown, local vocalist who has performed in numerous shows at the Poncan.
- Erikah Parcher, Braman, has converted her award-winning tap routine into a holiday number.
- Cara Kem, professional vocalist, actress and dancer, will be singing and dancing a duet with Zack Adams, former Roustabout from Northern Oklahoma College.
- “I’m a Little Doll” will be performed by dancers: Dawn Carson, Emmie Harden, Brylen Liberton, Sydney Meeker, Ava O’Neill, Gianna Orecchio, Kaitlyn Scanlon and Alyssa Sullivan.
- Marcy Hudson, Blackwell resident and first runner-up for Miss NOC, is using her talent in dance.
- Blaine Bocanegra, Po-Hi drummer, was seen at the Po-Hi Panic and was asked to be in the show.
- Donita Cooper, who is a member of the trio Sweet Harmony, and her daughter Melodie will perform.
- Christian Searle and Will Branstetter will perform “Lilly’s Eyes” from “Secret Garden.”
- Mallory Stolhand, vocalist, will perform.
- Braley Warnecke, Abby Ramirez, Erikah Parcher and Yessenia Aguilar, under the direction of Kat Long, will perform a number from “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
- Susan Vinyard, Miss NOC Haley Smith and Miss Ponca City Peyten Norris will serve as Master of Ceremonies for the event.
- Ponca City native Dana Poulson will share her talents on stage.
- Joe Lessert will sing a tune.
Kem said everyone working for the show is donating their time and
Tickets are on sale at the Poncan Theatre, Chamber of Commerce, Eastman National Bank and Kem’s Gym. Adult ticket is $15 and $7 for children, 12 and under and also for active military. A family ticket is $40.